Power & Communications for Multiple Alicat Instruments
Alicat’s BB3 multi-drop breakout boxes make building your own local flow control network easy. Control up to nine Alicat flow or pressure instruments from a single computer or programmable logic controller (PLC) connection. Breakout boxes also distribute power to all connected devices from a single power source. Each BB3 is built into a light, yet rugged, composite chassis that can be mounted in any orientation via its 3/16″ diameter mounting holes.
- Compatible with instruments that have 8-pin mini-DIN
- Communicate with all devices digitally via a single USB or serial cable.
- Distribute power to all devices with a single power source.
Connect your BB3-232 to a computer or PLC using one of the methods below.
- USB 2.0 (USB A-B cable included)
- RS-232 9-pin serial port (cable included)
- Terminal block transmit and receive sockets (RX/TX)
Connected devices receive power from the BB3’s common power bus. Power connected at any point in the system is distributed to all devices.
- Connect a PVPS24U power supply (not included) to the BB3’s barrel-type power jack (max 1.5 amps).
- Connect a PVPS24U power supply (not included) to any instrument to distribute power to the rest (max 2 amps).
- Free wire power to the BB3’s terminal block power and ground sockets (max 16 amps).
Dimensions: 6.875″ x 3.625″ x 1.625″ (17.4 x 9.2 x 4.1 cm)
Weight: 0.5 lb (0.2 kg)
In the box
- BB3-232 multi-drop breakout box
- USB A to B cable (male-male)
- Download the Windows, Mac OS or Linux driver here: https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm.
- 9-pin D-sub serial cable (female-female)
- BB3-232 operating manual
Looking for something else or have a question?
Contact us for a quick response.